Yesterday I watched the Pride parade in Stockholm. We stood on Kungsgatan with thousands of other people, couples, friends, families with children of all ages, and I looked at the crowd and felt happy to be there, and when the parade started I began to tear up. The feeling of love and acceptation is so beautiful and so very necessary in today's climate, for more than one week of the year.
So it's time to wrap this week up with a very important person in the spotlight who fights for LGBTQ rights. Because it is so important for young people to have someone they look up to, make them feel less alone and who fights for them. We are talking about the legendary
1. Lady Gaga’s song Born This Way is the first #1 song with lyrics that contain the word Transgender.
2. She is also the person behind the Born This Way Foundation which goal is to build a kinder and braver world.
3. Lady Gaga has been open about her bisexuality from the beginning of her career.
4. She is a vocal advocate for LGBTQ rights and has no problem criticising the sitting (raging) president when needed.
5. Lady Gaga always stands up for her fans and the right to free love.
“But the most important thing that I’ve got to say about it is that everybody’s got to love each other... You gotta stop throwing stones at your sisters and your brothers. ’Cause it wasn’t that long ago that we were all just living in the jungle.”
- Lady Gaga, Opening Night of Joanne Tour